When: 1st and 3rd Thursdays @ 6:30 pm
Where: Lions Community Centre 157 Elgin St. E. Cobourg ON.
Located in Cobourg, Ontario, about 100 kilometers east of Toronto, we have been an active part of the Cobourg community since 1950. We currently have a membership of 46 Lions who meet the First and Third Thursday of each month from September to June in our Lions Den at the Cobourg Lions Community Centre on Elgin Street. Through our fundraising efforts and volunteer help we have provided essential funds and services to the following projects within the Cobourg and surrounding area.
In addition to this list we also support numerous national charities, including the CNIB, the Canadian Cancer Society, the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Alzheimers Society of Ontario, also Lions Projects: Youth Programs, Leader Dogs of Canada, Sight First, Chrones and Coltis Barbeque Day, the Lions Diabetis Tag Day, and Community Projects plus many more. Our fund raising activities include Bingo's, Bar's, Easter Bunny sales, Dances, and our major annual fundraising project the "The Lions Club of Cobourg Fine Art Show and Sale". If you would like to learn more about Lions and Lionism please contact our President.
- Northumberland Health Care Centre
- Cobourg Lions Park Soccer Project
- Baltimore Community Centre
- Habitat for Humanity Housing
- Lakeshore Diabetes Association
- Northumberland United Way
- Support for Student Educational Trips
- Women’s Resource Centre
- Golden Plough Lodge Recreation & Activities Program
- Cobourg Minor Hockey
- Cobourg Army Cadets
- Cobourg Family "Y"
- Lions Picnic Pavilion, Victoria Park
- Town Of Cobourg, Santa Claus Parade
- Lions Community Centre
- Salvation Army